September 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday, September 11, at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order by Village President, Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, Depoister, VanGilder – Present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief was not present; on a call.
Maintenance Report – Ron reports all sanitary lids are completed. The loader and the black truck are in need of maintenance. They are preparing for winter, completing tasks on shouldering. The Village wide clean up is schedule for Saturday September 22 from 8-1 pm. Ron has had contact with John Bowan of Kenway Rice Lake; possible revenue of up to $15,000 per year.
Public Comment – Brad Bratvold wants it on record that the old house on Wise Road has 16 cars on property and it is very well known that this is a meth house open if porch light is on. Wants an answer why isn’t something done about this. President requests that we send a letter to Benson-Thompson (owners), Washburn County Sheriff, and Chief Brunclik office.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to approve agenda, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Depoister to approve minutes from August 21st Board Meeting, carried 5-0.
- Rocky Van Gilder has made a request to have property located at E. Cedar and S. White changed to allow him to build a garage for his recreational toys. Motion by Hurckman, second by Small to not allow any further movement to change this zoning, carried 4-0 Van Gilder abstained. Concern about property depreciation to home owners.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Depoister to continue to raze order on house at 322 S. Main, carried 5-0. Owner has not complied with repair orders or purchased building permit.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to approve operators permit contingent on Chief Brunclik approval, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Hurckman to adopt Resolution 195-18 BFCESD 2019 Contract, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Hurckman to approve new bills, payroll and accept Treasurers report, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by VanGilder to go into closed session, roll call, Hurckman – yes, Small – yes, Seffinga – yes, Depoister – yes, VanGilder – yes.
- Motion by Small, second by Hurckman, to come out of closed session, roll call, Hurckman – yes, Small – yes, Seffinga – yes, Depoister – yes, VanGilder – yes
- Ordinance committee will meet on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 1 p.m.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk/Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.