The Village of Birchwood Trustee held the monthly Board meeting on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at the Birchwood Village Hall at 6:00 p.m. following the Public Hearing at 5:45 p.m. The meeting was called to order by President Gillett. Roll call: Gillett, Seffinga, Hayes, Zillmer and Small all present. Also in attendance; Officer Brunclik, Clerk-Treasurer Busick, Deputy Clerk-Treasurer Murley, Maintenance-Beffa and Teresa Anderson from MSA. Public Attendance: Ernie Langosch, Jim and Linda Gunderson, Doug and Bobette Arvold, Vicki and Jerry Wilder, and Dan and Sheryl Greife.
POLICE REPORT – He presented the police activity reports for August 2014 with Birchwood and Edgewater. He has looked into getting DMV services for the Birchwood area. The services would include Vehicle, ATV, and Snowmobile registration and licensing. New speed limit signs have been purchased for Maple Terrace Drive. Office Brunclik provided mutual aid for Barron County on a man hunt.
MAINTENANCE REPORT – Beffa reported the new Sewer Plant is running on-line. The white truck purchase for pulling lift station pumps has been utilized several times. The Maintenance Department will be flushing the hydrants and sewer lines this coming month.
PUBLIC RECOGNITION – Doolittle Seasonal Campers had concerns with the electrical service at Doolittle Park. The electrical service is not adequate and continues to blow electrical appliances. They would like to know what the Village is going to do about the issue. They also had a concern about the park closing, they were reinsured the park is not closing. Ernie Langosch had concerns involving a sex offender working in the Village of Birchwood.
- Motion by Gillett to approve the agenda, second by Seffinga, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga to approve payment to MSA for $7217.64, second by Zillmer, carried 5-0. Motion by Zillmer to approve payment to Cedar Corp. for $1874.92, second by Small, carried 5-0. Motion by Seffinga to approve payment to Staab for $302,937.00, second by Gillett, carried 5-0
- The Downtown Project Committee, Focus on Youth group, a sub-group of the Lions Club submitted a Special Events Permit and Street Use Permit for a Fall Monster Mash Dance on October 18, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Motion by Gillett to approve the Special Events Permit and Street Use Permit, second by Seffinga, carried 5-0.
- A Special board meeting was set for September 16, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. to change the Police Officer job description and title.
- Operator License’s – None
- Motion by Seffinga to purchase a new lawn mower from Lakeland Co-op in Ridgeland for $6200.00, second by Hayes, carried 5-0.
- The Village will have representation at the Birchwood School Board regarding Police Protection and Response Times.
- Discussed revised Shore Land Restoration Plan for Doolittle Park. This item will be on the September 16, 2014 agenda.
- Zillmer discussed the calculation ratio for the Fire and Ambulance fees for 2015.
- The Village Board would like to stay with the $110,000.00 option for the repairs to the donated Ambulance.
- Motion by Zillmer to accept the Connect Community Contract, second by Gillett, carried 5-0.
OLD BUSINESS – None
- BFCESD is looking for new Ambulance Director.
- Block Grant – None
- Policy Committee – None
- Ordinance/Zoning Committee – DNR is requesting a Cross-Connect Policy to cover Commercial Business.
- Street Committee – none
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – Gillett stated the new sidewalk on the side of the Village Hall was put in by volunteers. Seffinga suggested asking the Lions Club for a donation for the cement.
Approval of Minutes, New Bills, Payroll, and acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report.
Motion by Small, second by Zillmer to accept the Minutes, New Bills, Payroll, and acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report, carried 5-0.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS – As discussed during the meeting.
FUTURE MEETING SCHEDULED – Special Board Meeting, September 16, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and Budget Meeting, September 23, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to adjourn the meeting at 7:31 p.m., carried 5-0.
Missy Murley – Deputy Clerk-Treasurer