Regular Board Meeting May Minutes
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. Roll Call: Depoister, Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, VanGilder – Present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief of Police Adam Brunclik, not present, no report given.
Maintenance Report – Tucker Fee reporting that Doolittle Park is now open for the season; current projects include mowing grass, spraying weeds, patching roads, and shouldering; we have a broken loader we need to fix; tennis nets are up on the court; Village had some landscaping needs and culvert clean up; fixed a water leak on S. Main – we had been pumping 55,000 gallons a day and are now down to 25,000 gallons a day.
Public Comment – Linda Zillmer speaks to BFCESD funds not being used properly and concerns about property purchase; Brad Bratvold would like to know if the Village would need to insure the building and property if we placed a shed at the park, also needs to be on the June agenda for Bluegill Fest; reports that the urinal in the men’s room at the park is broken.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by VanGilder to approve agenda as presented, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister to approve the minutes from April 11th board meeting as-is, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by VanGilder to approve the signing of the 2016 audit letter and to invite CliftonLarsonAllen to present the 2016 audit at our June board meeting at 5:30 pm, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve Virginia Hurckman as our representative to the BFCESD committee, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Depoister to remove the water fountain from the front of the Village Hall, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to put out bids for contracting a replacement building inspector and zoning administrator, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister to remove the ‘Welcome to Birchwood’ sign and get community input on a replacement, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Hurckman to mail previously discussed letters to property owners, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by VanGilder to create a new land lease for the Village’s 11-acre farmland, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve Cigarette and Tobacco product licenses for Gary’s Grocery and Jason’s Market, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by VanGilder to approve operator’s licenses for Nichole Amborn, Leslie Clarke, Traci Galvin, Pam Landes, Julie Olmstead, Alexis Streit, Stacie Small, Catherine Widiker, Gloria Widiker, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister for Birchwood to pay the Birchwood Historical Societies water/sewer bill each quarter, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga for the Board to go into closed session, roll call: Hurckman – yes, Seffinga – yes, Small – yes, Depoister – yes, VanGilder – yes, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Small for the Board to reconvene in open session, carried 5-0.
Committee Meeting Reports
- Street Committee submitted minutes from their recent meeting regarding current road plans.
- There will be a LEAPS meeting on May 20th from 10 to noon at the Village Hall.
Motion by Seffinga, second by Depoister to approve new bills, payroll, and acceptance of the treasurer’s report, carried 5-0.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Chelsea Tompkins, Deputy Clerk-Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.