November 10, 2020 Board of Trustee Minutes – Approved
The Regular Monthly meeting of the Village of Birchwood Board of Trustees will be held on Tuesday, November 10th, 2020, immediately following the Public Budget Hearing that will be held at 5:00 pm
Location: Village Hall 101 N Main Street, Birchwood, WI 54817
Village President call meeting to order – Meeting will be recorded
Pledge of Allegiance – Roll call by Clerk (R. Vangilder, P. Parkos, J. Depoister, S. Small, and M. Manning)
Public Notice: Posted at the Birchwood Post Office, Village Hall, Gary’s Grocery and Village Website.
Police Report: Slide ins. Telephone pole accident. Budget. Traffic stop for Barron County warrant.
Public Works: Catch boxes cleaned. Culverts opened. Patching and shoulders are done. Mowing and weed whipping done. Equipment put away. Serving silver truck done yet to be done. Water tank drained down. Both samples came back good for water tower. Water dig done. Emergency water locate done. Found water leaks and hopeful to be down to one pump per day. Minnesota Pump says lift station 3 needs to be done and will be providing cost estimate. Chemical balance is off a bit this time of each year. Went to Perlick. Got flat on truck during pickup. Another company Wheeler has a bio-desal which is better material for sewer plant as it’s more potent. 100 lbs of sugar costs $30. DNR may help with lift station due to how close to the lake. Some hydrants to be flushed, with circumstances was hoping to flush a lot more with draining tower.
Citizen Comments: None
Discussion/Action Items (No public comments allowed):
- Current agenda – Motion to approve November 10th, 2020 agenda with table of agenda item 6 by Small, second by Depoister. Carried 5-0.
- Meeting Minutes – Motion to approve all meeting minutes listed in agenda (October 13, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting, October 13, 2020 Public Hearing, October 6, 2020 Budget Workshop, October 15, 2020 Budget Workshop, October 15, 2020 Special Meeting-Board of Trustee Meeting) by Small, seconded by Manning. Carried 5-0.
- Budget Adoption and Approval of Tax Levy the Village of Birchwood and Tax Incremental Districts – Motion to adopt Resolution 206-20 by Small, seconded by Vangilder. Carried 5-0.
- Republic – Romack, Republic representative, spoke on amendment. Changes noted were term of adding two years, commercial franchising for refuse and recycle, seasonal holds 5 month with 30 days notice, audit annually in August, difficult service locations have specific pickup area for November 1st through May 1st, public works will have carts available at shop for changes, and donated services for the different organizations now will be given to the village to be used at their own discretion. Jon Snyder commented amendment is to take affect January 1, 2021. Depoister commented donated dumpsters will benefit the village and Republic will give Lion’s club a better rate. 3% increase in Republic’s rate the first two years and 4% two years after that with the village’s 10% (administration) cost. Motion to enter into the contract with the amendment presented (First Amendment to Solid Waste Disposal Agreement) by Small, seconded by Parkos. Carried 5-0.
- Mosaic Technologies – Motion to adopt Resolution 207-20 (Telecommuter and Broadband Forward-Community Certifications) by Small, seconded by Manning. Carried 5-0.
- Municipal Insurance – Tabled to next month.
- Variance Application – Everything falls within the setbacks therefore no variance needed for 804 N Knapmiller Rd.
- Loader and Mower Replacement – Motion to secure financing for loader and tractor by Manning, seconded by Vangilder. Roll call: R. Vangilder – yes, P. Parkos – yes, J. Depoister – yes, S. Small -yes, and M. Manning – yes. Carried 5-0.
- East Hills – Motion to have Mark give the Board amount for each lot to be listed by Manning, seconded by Depoister. Carried 5-0.
- CliftonLarsonAllen Invoice 10/28/2020 (Special Assistance with the Village Budget) Motion to not pay this bill until itemized bill shows how many hours, pacifically assisting us with our the budget, and what’s the technical support fee by Small, seconded by Manning.
- Sewer Plant gate – Board wants warrantee on sewer plant gate before approval.
- Financials – Approval of Bills, Payroll and acceptance of Treasurer’s Reports for October 2020 by Depoister, seconded by Manning.
- Closed Session (Pursuant to 19.85(1)© and 19.85 (1)(b) WI statute which, if discussed publicly, would likely have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person(s) referred to in such data) Motion to go into closed session by Small, seconded by Manning. Roll Call: R. Vangilder, P. Parkos, J. Depoister, S. Small, and M. Manning. Motion to come out of closed session by Small, seconded by Manning. Carried 5-0.
- Open Session (Matters discussed in closed session) – Motion to offer CarolAnn Kollar the Deputy Clerk/Deputy Treasurer position at 32 hours per week. Motion by Manning, seconded by Depoister. Carried 5-0.
- Adjournment – Motion to adjourn by Vangilder, seconded by Manning. Carried 5-0.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.