July 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday, July 10th, at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order by Village President, Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, VanGilder, Small, Depoister – Present, Seffinga – Absent. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief not present due to training. President Hurckman gave report. Chief has been involved in locating a missing child; finding a firearm at the school; assisting in manhunt for murder suspect; recovery of stolen car. Report submitted.
Maintenance Report – Tucker reports that maintenance is going well. Ron will be mowing prior to Bluegill Festival. The last lead/copper sample returned clean. Ron is working on pot holes. Tucker will be using barricades from Washburn County for the Bluegill Festival.
Public Comment – Teresa Anderson, MSA, introduced Eric Barkly a new engineer to their firm.
1. Motion by VanGilder, second by Depoister to approve agenda, carried 4-0.
2. Motion by VanGilder, second by Depoister to approve minutes from June 12, Board Meeting, carried 4-0.
3. Motion by Hurckman, second by Small to approve Brett Boatman request for variance on garage, carried 4-0.
4. Presentation by Madeline Rekemeyer on North Lake Community Clinic at 108 S. Main St. Dental services and mental health services. Taking patients end of July.
5. Received letter from Dale Busick regarding his property at 406 W. Balsam. Motion by Small, second by Hurckman, to send letter stating he has 30 days to fill in the basement.
6. Motion by Small, second by Hurckman, to continue with raze order on property located at 322 S. Main St. carried 4-0. Mr. Schmitz stated he would have the metal roof completed, the doors and windows would be locked, and the outside would be cleaned up no later than July 27, 2018, carried 4-0.
7. Motion by Small, second by VanGilder to adopt the Resolution #194-18 WDNR 2018 Compliance Maintenance, carried 4-0.
Parks meeting set for Monday July 16, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Motion by VanGilder, second by Small, to adjourn the meeting, carried 4-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk/Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.