Morey House and Log Museum
The Morey house was originally built in 1901, and with many additions was finally completed in 1908. Howard Morey’s parents bought the house for $304.07 in 1917. In 1924 Howard left Birchwood for Chicago to pursue his piloting career; three years later he began an airline shuttle service between Madison and Chicago. Over the next 60 years Howard Morey continued to make a significant difference in Wisconsin aviation, including training glider pilots for World War II. His home was donated to the Birchwood Area Historical Society in 1995. The home has undergone restoration to return it to its original appearance and to preserve the memory of Howard Morey.
The Birchwood Area Log Museum houses a hand carved replica of an entire logging camp operation at the turn of the century. In addition to the logging camp replica, the museum also houses many logging camp artifacts and more.
Hours of Operation
11am-4pm the 1st and 3rd Saturdays June through August, Saturday on Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekends; Saturday and Sunday on Bluegill Festival weekend or by appointment. 715-520-0389, 817-360-4043 or 715-354-7300