December 11, 2018 Village Board Meeting Minutes
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the December meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order by Village President, Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, Depoister, VanGilder – Present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief not present
Maintenance Report – Tucker reports the lift stations were pumped and cleaned; all brush has been burned, the well guys will be here later in the month; and the generator needs maintenance.
Public Comment – Concerns were raised about the village board role in the lake management plans.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by VanGilder to approve agenda, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to approve minutes from November 13th Board Meeting, carried 5-0.
- Rolf Jostad presents for a community center, owned by Timber Bay. They are looking for property to build a center that will be for the community to use but owned by Timber Bay.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Seffinga, to allow a trial period (April 1 thru October 31, 2019) for dumping by Kenway, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister to approve Sovacool Professional Services 2019 assessor contract; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to approve the Caucus for January 8, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in the village hall with the January Board of Trustees meeting follow immediately; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister to approve new bills, payroll and treasurers report, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by VanGilder, to convene in closed session, Hurckman – yes, Seffinga – yes, VanGilder – yes, Small – yes, Depoister – yes.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk/Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.