Board of Trustees March 2017 Minutes
The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday March 7, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. Roll Call: Depoister, Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, VanGilder – Present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief of Police Adam Brunclik went over the police budget. Today he had the graduation at the middle school for Counter Act. He has ordered new cross-walk signs and a laser speed reader. There are more drug investigations occurring, and Edgewater has kept him busy.
Maintenance Report – Ron Strand reports that it has been slow (seasonal). Generator is running well; now will be running once per month. The side mower deck can be removed and then utilized for the well, which is a considerable cost savings for the Village. Ron has received quotes for signage of $2500. He is working on putting signs back up or replacing. He would like more speed limit signs. There are two water digs that need to occur; one has a broken valve and one has a slow leak. Kathy will find the book Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Device.
Public Comment –
- Motion by Small, second by Depoister to approve agenda as presented; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Hurckman to approve the minutes from February 14 board meeting, with a correction that Betsy Acrey is a “business owner” and not a “resident” as written; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Depoister to approve the request to block traffic on S. Wilson on May 21, 2017; 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; from E. Birch Ave to E. Balsam. Maintenance will place and remove the barricades; carried 5-0.
- No action taken on school chicken project, moved to April Board Meeting.
- Dave Rasmussen, MSA, presented information regarding TIF/TID law changes. Gave us a proposal for MSA to direct and help us with reporting to the state. Will add to April agenda.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Seffinga to not issue trickle credit as no trickle was issued; carried 3-1.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Seffinga to authorize the closing of the inactive CDBG-WWTP GRANT; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Small to approve paying “normal” monthly bills prior to board meeting; carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Small to have Village follow-thru on collecting personal property taxes; carried 5-0.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve new bills, payroll, and acceptance of the treasurer’s report, carried 5-0.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk-Treasurer
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.