BFCSED Minutes | July 9, 2020
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Jon Sleik-Town of Birchwood, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle, Pete Baribeau-Town of Edgewater, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake,
Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in the Birchwood School Commons.
- Roll Call
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the June 11, 2020 BFCESD Meeting Minutes with the correction in item #12–lake to late in Any entity that is 6 months late, 2nd by John Depoister. Carried 7-0
- Public Input—Linda Zillmer questioned on website if the minutes etc. could be available for the public to view.
- Fire Department Report—See Attached report.
Tim Stearns made a motion the transfer of $27,000 from Fire capital to buy 28 SCBA bottles to expense acct #5901 New Fire Equipment, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild. Carried 7-0
Preliminary 2021 budget was presented to the board members.
- Ambulance Service Report—See Attached report. Preliminary 2021 budget was presented to the board members.
- Discuss fundraising ideas and where and how to show the progress of donations. Suggestions were a thermometer/flag to be put in different locations, open house at the current fire hall with radio station present/remote during Fire Prevention Week.
- John Depoister made a motion to approve donations that were received since the last meeting of $3,000, 2nd by Mick Givens. Carried, 7-0.
- Bill Zimmer gave an update on the Building Committee meeting that was held June 25, 2020. It was a very productive meeting, with a few changes to the layout of interior walls. Talked to Chris from NWB regarding breaking down projects to smaller pieces to better attract local contractors to bid. Is going to talk to a few local contractors to see if they would be willing to work with NWB as the project manager. Goal is to start early 2021. Set meeting next committee meeting to July 30 @ 6:30.
- Report from BFCESD Bylaws Development Committee, discussion of updated Constitution and By-laws, including any issues or concerns from participating entities regarding the proposed updates.
Mick Givens made a motion approve the adoption of the Bylaws draft dated 6/22/2020, 2nd by Tim Stearns. Birchwood-Yea, Cedar Lake-Nay, Doyle-Yea, Edgewater-Yea, Long Lake-Yea, Wilson-Yea, Village of Birchwood-Yea. 6-yea-1-nay
Jon Sleik made a motion to amend the prior motion to say: Approve the adoption of the Bylaws draft by each entity prior to the Aug 13th meeting, 2nd by Tim Stearns. Carried 7-0
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister. Carried, 7-0.
Tim Stearns made a motion to approve bills as presented, 2nd by John Depoister. Carried, 7-0.
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input
- Ken Leners–Willing to meet again with Vince regarding Ambulance EMT wage increase if needed.
- Tim Stearns—Nothing
- John Depoister—apologized for missing the first meeting with Vince regarding Ambulance EMT wage increase. 2nd meeting was very informative and is willing to meet again if needed. Wanted to Thank all the EMT’s for their dedication.
- Mick Givens–Nothing
- Bill Zimmer—had apprehensions on the Bylaws, but was relieved to see that they can be changed with a majority vote. Mentioned that there will be some culverts being replaced and roads will be closed, will keep the Fire and Ambulance informed on the status of them.
- Cindy Fairchild—hopefully we can attract some more EMT personnel so we don’t lose the ones we have because of getting burned out by working so many hours with a wage increase.
- Jon Sleik—nothing
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Adjourn @8:25 p.m., 2nd by John Depoister. Carried, 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.