BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Rick Oswalt-Town of Birchwood–Present, Ken Leners-Town of Cedar Lake–Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle–Present, Bill Zimmer-Town of Edgewater–Present, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake–Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson–Present, John Depoister-Village of Birchwood–Present
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday December 10, 2020 at the Zoom at 6:30 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call—See above
- Moment of Silence in Honor of Jon Sleik
- Vote on open Presidential position. Bill Zimmer nominated John Depoister whom respectfully declined.
John Depoister nominated Mick Givens for the open seat of President 2nd by Cindy Fairchild. Motion to close nominations by Tim Stearns TOB—yea TOCL–yea TOE–yea TOD—yea
TOLL–yea TOW–yea VOB—yea
- Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the Nov 19, 2020 Zoom Meeting
Minutes, 2nd by Bill Zimmer. Approved 7-0
- Public Input—Concerns from Linda Zillmer regarding Ambulance
recording of runs, etc.
- Fire Department Report— Tim Stearns made the motion to approve the
transfer of 2020 Budgeted money to Fire Capital accounts in Dec 2020, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild.
Previous motion was amended by Tim Stearns to include the wording of the transfer of $30,000 to Fire Capital Outlay and $5,000 to Fire Turnout Gear Outlay, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild. Approved 7-0
- Ambulance Service Report—Tim Stearns made the motion to Approved the transfer of 2020 Budgeted money of to the Ambulance Capital Account in Dec 2020, 2nd by John Depoister.
Previous motion was amended by Tim Stearns to include the wording of the transfer of $15,000 to the Ambulance Capital Account, 2nd by John Depoister. Approved 7-0
Bill Zimmer made a motion to Approve the transfer of monies for Capital Accts at beginning of each year moving forward instead of at the end of the year, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild
TOB—yea TOCL–nay TOE–yea TOD—yea
TOLL–yea TOW–yea VOB—yea Approved 6-1
- Item # 9 was tabled until next meeting. Tim Stearns offered to donate a laptop for the BFCESD President to use. Cindy will get pricing on Google workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Ken Leners made a motion to approve the invoice from Cedar Lake for Storage of Fire Truck and Trailer for 2020 in the amount of $6,089.00. No 2nd we couldn’t move on this motion.
- Update on Building Committee from Bill Zimmer, not much happening. Working on verbiage of Promissory Note with talking to NWB the cost is approx. $2,020,000.00, concerned that with the cost increase the amount that maybe due to each entity would rise. John Depoister mentioned that there is no cap on donations above the $500,000 matching grant. If more is donated it would reduce the amount each entity is responsible for. Bill mentioned that the Gargulak property would be for sale and wants an offer made, will check on what the property maybe valued at and cost of developing the property and bring that back to the Jan 2021 meeting, to see if that is something we want to pursue.
- Tim Stearns made a motion to Approve donations in Memorials of $3865.00 for John Sleik and our first Pay Pal donation of $50.00 all to the Building/Brick Fund that were received since the Nov 19, 2020 meeting, 2nd by John Depoister
- Bill Zimmer made a motion to Approve Bookkeepers report as presented, 2nd by John Depoister. Approved 7-0
Bill Zimmer made a motion to Approve the bills as presented in addition to check #7595 for $772.97, 2nd by John Depoister. Approved 7-0
- Review Correspondence–None
- Commissioners Input
Town of Birchwood—Rick Oswalt—it’s going to take a little bit to get caught up to everything.
Town of Cedar Lake—Ken Leners–Nothing
Town of Doyle—Tim Stearns—Nothing
Town of Edgewater—Bill Zimmer—Notice of withdraw from Ambulance on Aug 2021 was sent to Cindy by email. Was wondering if a formal condolence was sent to the Sleik Family. Cindy will get a card to send from the Commissioners.
Town of Long Lake—Mick Givens–nothing
Town of Wilson—Cindy Fairchild—Hoping that the building project and fund raising continues to move forward as Jon had wanted.
Village of Birchwood—John Depoister—Continue to move forward with the donations so that the Cleveland’s grant isn’t just used for building cost increases. Is willing to work with Ken George contacting potential donors for the Cleveland Matching Grant.
- Bill Zimmer made a motion to Adjourn @ 7:48p.m., 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried 7-0
The BFCESD Office is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call
715 354 3003.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.