BFCESD August 10th Meeting Minutes
BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Romaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle, Dean Buresh-Town of Edgewater, Mick Given-Town of Long Lake,
Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson, Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday August 10, 2017 at the Edgewater Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located at 1470 Wooddale Rd, Birchwood, WI.
MINUTES OF THE aUG 10, 2017 MEETING
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Previous Meeting Minutes–Virginia Hurckman made a motion to accept the July 13, 2017 minutes, 2nd by Tim Stearns, Carried.
- Public Input–None
- Review BFCESD history and building background. See attached documents from Jon Sleik regarding BFCESD history of documents of Fire Department Building background. Jon explained now that we own property we can start applying for grants.
- Review 2016 audit. Jon gave a quick update on Dan Thole that he will be back to working on a regular basis. Jon, Tim and Cindy will meet with the Auditors hopefully in October, to get better communication to deadlines etc.
- Fire Department Report, budget review 2017 & 2018. See attached reports. Jon Sleik made a motion for the Fire Depart to manage the Fire Hall phone lines as they saw fit whether it be a cell or land line phone, 2nd by Romaine Quinn. Carried
- Ambulance Service Report, budget review 2017 & 2018. See attached reports.
- Bookkeepers Report and District budget review 2017 & 2018. Cindy will check on Interest differences on CD vs the Checking/Capital Account. Tim Stearns made a motion to approve the bills, 2nd by Virginia Hurckman. Carried
- Review BFCESD credit card holders and authorized account manager. Jon Sleik made a motion to appoint Virginia Hurckman the authorized account manager for the Dairy State accounts due to Leroy Sandridge not being a commissioner at the present time. Virginia accepted
2nd by Romaine Quinn. Carried
- Review next steps for payment and delivery of new Fire Truck. Reviewed bill from Darley, $90,000.00 will be transferred to Main Checking account for payment of chassis. The truck will not need insurance on it until it is in our possession. Possibility of Truck being delivered Oct/Nov. Truck cost is $376,513.00 plus add ones of $5382.00, total of $381,892.00 of which $164343 will come from the Fire Capital Acct and the remaining $271,582 will come from the Towns and Village of the BFCESD. Notices will be sent to each entity by the 1st of Oct.
- Approve listing of the 2 acre lot at Knapmiller and Lapoint with Woods & Water for $25,000 with total commission of $1,000.
Tim Stearns made a motion to list the property as mentioned and to put the monies received from the sale of the property to Fire Capital Account, 2nd by Romaine Quinn.
- Building and Equipment Committee report. Bumper said that the plans for the Fire Department building are generic and may change due to land layout of new property. He talked to NW Builders and has a checklist to go thru and will bring that to the Building Committee. Committee meeting will be setting date and at next BFCESD meeting bring up on progress.
- Approve donations from 7/13 to 8/10. Virginia Hurckman made a motion to approve the donation of $325.00 to Fire Capital and $250.00 to Ambulance Capital, 2nd by Tim Stearns
- Review Correspondence- See attached, Jon had an email from Leroy Sandridge regarding communication regarding building etc.
- Review and approve bills Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the bills, 2nd by Dean Buresh
- Commissioners Input
Dean Buresh–What can be done to make the Fire #’s more visible for Fire and Ambulance personal to see.
Jon Sleik–That the issue regarding visibility of Fire #’s may be a project for the School. He also hoped the Building Committee would address finding a grant writer for the new building.
Virginia Hurckman—Would like to see uniformity of the Fire #’s so it’s easier for the Fire and Ambulance personal to locate the.
- Adjourn Romaine Quinn made a motion to adjourn at 8:05pm, 2nd by Tim Stearns
The Edgewater Town Hall is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call 715 354 7747.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Village Hall with comments, questions, and/or concerns and we will be happy to help.