Due to Extenuating circumstances of the COVID -19 VIRUS, The Open Book and Board of Review will be conducted via telephone for 2020.
This is subject to change due to CDC recommendations on public gatherings
Please contact the assessor via phone @ 715-643-2081 Owen Assessing LLC
Board of Review contact the Clerk for a form to be heard via phone and objection form. (715) 354-3300
Please contact the Assessor or Clerk with any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation, stay safe and healthy!!!
Notice is hereby given that the Village of Birchwood Open book will be held on Monday April 13th from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Village Hall, at 101 N. Main Street, Birchwood, WI 54817. The purpose of the Open Book is to allow property owners the opportunity to review assessment records.
After review of the Open Book, property owners who feel their 2020 assessment does not reflect current market value may provide for the Assessor’s review, written evidence of current market value. Assessor will be available for assessment review.
Objection forms requesting a Board of Review hearing will be available for property owners to complete. Objections must be filed with the Village Clerk at least 48 hours before the Board of Review, unless the time period is waived.
Board of Review will be held on April 28th from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Board of Review
BOARD OF REVIEW AGENDA
April 28th, 2020
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
President to call Board of Review to Order.
- Roll call.
- Board of Review will select a Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson.
- Board of Review Clerk will swear in all persons testifying before the Board, including the assessor.
- Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements.
- Receive the assessment roll and sworn statements.
- The Board makes all determination by roll call vote.
- Examine the roll and correct errors in description or computation, add omitted or eliminated doubles, assess property.
- Be in session at least 2 hours.
- Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data.
- Schedule written objections to be heard.
- Adjourn after mandatory two-hour time.