The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the March meeting on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. The meeting was called to order by Village President. Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, Depoister, VanGilder – present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – The Chief reports he has been kept busy with weather related issues. He worked with the FBI on a case. And reports that three convictions were made in the theft and counterfeit case.
Maintenance Report – Tucker reports the busy season of snow plowing. Two residents have frozen pipes; (the Board requires that residents be billed for opening their frozen pipes). The black plow truck broke during the last snow fall but has since been repaired and we now have a set of spare parts.
Public Comment – LZ reiterates concerns regarding the BFCESD. DB from SEH present. JD has artesian well water available for village use.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to approve agenda, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by VanGilder to approve minutes from February 19th Board Meeting, carried 5-0.
- Jon Sleik thanks the board for allowing him to be on agenda. Due to issues with building plans, he does not have information regarding grant. Hurckman states that at this time the village cannot apply for a grant for a new fire department.
- The board will not be adding WiFi to Doolittle Park due to the substantial cost.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Small to table the Northwest Regional Planning Commission contract and invite them to our April meeting, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by VanGilder to approve election workers, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve new bills, payroll and accept Treasurer’s Report., carried 5-0.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to convene in closed session; roll call: Hurckman – yes, Depoister – yes, Small – yes, Seffinga – yes, VanGilder – yes. pursuant to 19.85(1)(c) and 19.85(1)(b) WI statues which, if discussed publicly, would likely have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person(s) referred to in such data.
- Motion by Small, second by Hurckman to reconvene in open session to discuss issues and take action on matters discussed in closed session, carried 5-0.
- Invite four candidates (determined in closed session) for interviews on Monday, March 18th.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk/Treasurer