The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the April meeting on Monday, April 8, 2019. The meeting was called to order by Village President. Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, Depoister, Seffinga, VanGilder – present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – The Chief reports he has been kept busy with weather related issues. He worked with court cases. He worked with school issues. President asks chief to follow up with Dennis Brown about lawn mower.
Maintenance Report – Tucker reports busy with snow plowing and plans to plow 1 pass on snow this week. Attended week conference on sewer and water, all credits, and is up to date on certification. Sweeping of the streets started. Kenway bag at main hole, first dump this week. Working on culverts, potential stray cat activity in sewer.
Public Comment – Dennis Widiker, 219 Algoma St, concerns about our collection pond that backs up to his east lot. Tucker says it does run off to his property. Virginia asked board to look into a solution.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to approve agenda, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Seffinga, second by Depoister to approve minutes from March 12, 2019 Board Meeting with change of LZ to Linda Zillmer, carried 4-0.
- Motion by VanGilder, second by Depoister to approve “Agreement Between the Northwest Regional Planning Commission and the Village of Birchwood”, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Seffinga to approve CPTO usage of barriers, allow music permit, posting a sign at corner of Park Avenue and Highway 48; denied sign postage at corner of Main Street and Highway 48 with approval of posting at Highway 48 and Edenharter; denied request of city sweeper for liability reasons, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Depoister, approved Chamber of Commerce sign by the building if it’s off the sidewalk and not by light pole, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Depoister, second by VanGilder to approve discontinuing rental from Praxair and to purchase village cylinders, carried 4-0.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by VanGilder denied proposed modifications for BFCESD agreement regarding the assessment of each BFCESD participating municipality, carried 4-0.
- Swearing in of President (Depoister) and trustee (VanGilder).
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Depoister to reconvene in closed session pursuant to 19.85(1)© and 19.85(1)(b) WI statues which, if discussed publicly, would likely have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person(s) referred to in such data, carried 4-0; Hurckman Depoister VanGilder Seffinga .
- Motion to reconvene in open session to discuss issues and take action on matters discussed in closed session.
Submitted by Ashley Beffa, Clerk/Treasurer