BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT
BFCESD PO Box 417, Birchwood, WI 54817
Romaine Quinn-Town of Birchwood-Present, Jon Sleik-Town of Cedar Lake-Present, Timothy Stearns-Town of Doyle-Absent, Dean Buresh-Town of Edgewater-Absent, Mick Givens-Town of Long Lake-Present, Cindy Fairchild-Town of Wilson-Present, Virginia Hurckman-Village of Birchwood-Absent
Birchwood Four Corners Emergency Services District will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday February 8, 2018 at the Town of Birchwood Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. The Town Hall is located at N1549 County Hwy T, Birchwood, WI
BFCESD MINUTES FOR FEB 8, 2018 MEETING
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Jan 11,2018 Meeting Minutes, 2nd by Mick Givens, Jon Sleik abstained, Carried
- Public Input–None
- Fire Department Report, See attached reports
- Ambulance Service Report, See attached reports
- Discuss 2017 audit and need for split between bookkeepers.
Jon talked to Dan Thole regarding a split audit due to having 2 different bookkeepers in 2017. Romaine Quinn made a motion to do a normal audit as in the past, 2nd by Mick Givens, carried.
- No donations were received since the last meeting.
- Finalized floor plane will be available after the Feb 22 Building Committee meeting. The Building Committee is hoping to have the floor plan and info to present to each Town/Village by their Annual Meeting.
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to approve the Bookkeepers Report, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried
Jon Sleik made a motion to approve the bills as presented, 2nd by Mick Givens, Carried
- Review Correspondence, Work comp audit credit of $409.00
- Commissioners Input
Jon—Once we have a dollar amount we can start pursuing funding options for the New Fire Hall such as grants, donations etc. That way it will relieve some of the burden on each Town/Village.
Romaine—Let’s get it done, everyone knows we need a new place for the Fire and Ambulance.
Mick—Let Chris know he isn’t being pressured on getting a cost of the new building. Would like to possibly see funding formula similar to the Assessment formula for the Town/Village of the Fire, Ambulance and Common Areas separated because some Towns don’t have both Fire and Ambulance.
- Romaine Quinn made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 pm, 2nd by Cindy Fairchild, Carried
The Birchwood Town Hall is handicap accessible. If you have special needs regarding attendance please call 715 354 7047.
A quorum of board members from each municipality may be present. No actions will be taken by any participating governmental body other than those stated in this notice.