The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the monthly Board Meeting on Tuesday September 13, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. Roll Call: Depoister, Small, Hurckman, Seffinga, and VanGilder – Present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief Brunclik handed out copies of his Activity report for August. He has been busy with training and nearing completion on the new squad.
Maintenance Report – Tucker Fee reported they are working on the finishing detail for the streets. Shut off valves have been replaced. Doolittle Park has not been blacktopped due to “soft spots”; if fixed this fall, in spring we can have it blacktopped. Ron has dug out several culverts that were becoming backed up by debris. Ahern did the water pressure test at the Mill; electrical pump switch is bad; recommended that they let run until it quits. Steve Kotel asked out to fix it; Mill insurance has to authorize to have a buzzer or be hard wired to phone lines. Currently the calls go to Fee first, Strand second, and then three Mill employees. The damage to well VFD unit has been replaced. Tucker reports low water pressure reported; he finds that it is related to mechanics in the fire hall. He will look for resolution
Public Comment – None.
- Motion to approve the agenda by Small, second by VanGilder, carried 5-0.
- Motion to approve minutes from August 10 Board Meeting and August 30 Public Hearing by Hurckman, second by Depoister, carried 5-0.
- Teresa Anderson, MSA presented an overview of WIDNR programs for Safe Drinking Water Loan and Clean Water Fund. We should submit an “intent to apply” which does not commit us to utilizing it but makes it possible should we find a need. Motion to approve MSA to electronically submit our “intent to apply” by Small, second by Seffinga, carried 5-0.
- Motion to approve putting the Industrial Park parcel up for sale by Depoister, second by Hurckman, carried 5-0.
- Motion to approve the BFCESD Resolution for fire engine (Village cost $7999.88) by Seffinga, second by VanGilder, carried 5-0.
- First 2017 Budget meeting set for September 27, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
- Tabled discussion on new carpeting for Village Hall until another bid has been received.
- Motion to approve purchase of TV for Village Hall by Seffinga, second by VanGilder, carried 5-0.
Committee Reports – none
Correspondence – none
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve new bills, payroll and acceptance of the treasurer’s report, carried 5-0.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette